College of Engineering faculty and graduate students can request secure research space for the following purposes—all free of charge:
- Research materials inappropriate for the web (for example: budgets, reports, spreadsheets, data sets, copyrighted or unpublished research, and so on).
- User volumes for additional people within the research project.
To request research space:
- Go to the Request page.
- Select Research.
- Select the COE Department making the request.
- Provide Unity ID of the Locker Owner (research workspace).
- Specify Initial Quota needed.
- Provide a Locker Name (Research Workspace Name, aka Volume Name).
You can name it after the principal researcher (or group) or research focus.
- Provide UnityIDs of Project Members who need access to the locker (faculty or graduate students).
- Specify Member Quota for individual user storage space (1GB maximum).
- Provide UnityIDs of people who need admin or write access.
- Select Continue to get a summary of what you entered.
- Select Commit if correct or Edit to go back and correct.
|You will receive email when the space is set up.
To request more quota, change access, or otherwise manage an existing locker, visit the ITECS File Storage Manager.
Behind the Scenes
You may find it helpful to familiarize yourself with the following technical aspects of your research space in the event that you need help from the ITECS Help Desk.
Research spaces are created as lockers via the following path:
The following access permissions are set on the following type of volumes; aka research space lockers: