On February 28, 2017, the NC State license for Kaspersky Endpoint Security Antivirus expired and will not be renewed. Now, the ITECS-recommended form of antivirus has changed from Kaspersky to Avira 2017. This antivirus software is available for free download on both Mac and Windows machines.
To download Avira 2017 Security Suite for free, follow these instructions:
- Visit https://www.avira.com.
- Scroll down to where it says Avira Antivirus. Click Get it Now.
- The correct version for download should pop up on the screen. If using a Mac, it should prompt you to download ‘Avira for Mac’. If using a PC, it should prompt you to download ‘Avira for windows’.
- Select Download Free.
- Click on the file in order to continue the installation. This should open the Installation Wizard.
- Click Continue.
- Select Install.
- Following the installation, the software should be ready for use.
Common Troubleshooting Problems and Fixes
- Why do I get the error message 537 during the update?
- “Errorcode:7” or “Feature Control File missing”
- Internet Security inactive because of missing Base Filtering engine
- How can I restore changes made by Avira System Speedup?
- What Operating System does Avira support?
For more troubleshooting solutions, visit: https://www.avira.com/en/support