To create a Transloc slide in Billboard, follow these steps:
- Visit https://ncsu.transloc.com/livedisplay
- Click the hidden configuration icon in the top right corner
- Click the check box beside TVS Map
- Drag the corners of the blue bounding box to fit the area of the map you want displayed on the slide.
Note: You can only resize the box use the handles and cannot drag the entire box around the map. Getting the right zoom and box size may take some trial and error.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Copy the full URL out of the browser window.
- Using billboard.ncsu.edu click to Add a URL to your slide group.
- Paste the copied URL into the URL box.
- Set the Title to something you can distinguish in your slide group.
- We recommend a minimum of 20 seconds to display the slide
- Do not reload the slide after it has been displayed
- Click Submit to save the slide to your slide group.
- Screensavers apps running on Windows machines set to use IE8 and IE9 do not handle the embedded Google maps encoding well.
We recommend instead using Chrome with a Kiosk app installed, such as this:
The kiosk will open Chrome full-screen, which will auto-launch the billboard page when it reboots.
- Occasionally the map will flicker on the NCSU loading screen. This seems to happen when the Transloc slide is first to be displayed and the billboard restarts itself. This issue may happen, but it fixes itself.
If you are using Safari, you may notice the following warnings in the web inspector on the Transloc page:
These warnings don’t impact the actual display.