College of Engineering faculty and graduate students can request secure administrative space for the following purposes—all free of charge:
- Administrative materials inappropriate for the web (for example: budgets, reports, spreadsheets, data sets, copyrighted or unpublished documents, and so on).
- User volumes for additional people within the department.
To request administrative space:
- Go to the Request page.
- Select Administrative.
- Select the COE Department making the request.
- Provide Unity ID of the Locker Owner (administrative space).
- Specify Initial Quota needed.
- Provide a Locker Name (Administrative Space Name, aka Volume Name).
You can name it after the principal admin (or group) or area of focus.
- Provide UnityIDs of Project Members who need access to the locker (faculty or staff).
- Specify Member Quota for individual user storage space (1GB maximum).
- Provide UnityIDs of people who need admin or write access.
- Select Continue to get a summary of what you entered.
- Select Commit if correct or Edit to go back and correct.
|You will receive email when the space is set up.
To request more quota, change access, or otherwise manage existing space, visit the ITECS File Storage Manager.
Behind the Scenes
You may find it helpful to familiarize yourself with the following technical aspects of your administrative space in the event that you need help from the ITECS Help Desk.
Research spaces are created as lockers via the following path:
The following access permissions are set on the following type of volumes; aka administrative space lockers: